Aquatouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Aquatouch

I asked in November and nobody replied, I am heading down to Phoenix again this weekend and was wondering how Aquatouch is looking? How are the freshwater fish and selection?

Thanks

Comment

Fish selection is a little limited, they have some fish but i was there last week and their fresh water fish selection was kinda limited.. Plants and saltwater was well stocked.... i'd call first if your looking for something particular...
      -- 29 gallon with (2)T5 HO- SunSun 305, pressurized CO2- eco complete, heavily planted with Milwaukee PH controller --

:deadhorse:

Comment

I went to aquatouch yesterday. They have tons of plants. As usual the freshwater fish selection isn't huge but they do have some nice fish. Lots of electric blue rams n some beautiful adult GBR. They also have moved things around a bit and have a couple new planted tank displays

Comment

After taking a break from the hobby for a couple of years (new baby took all our time) we now are getting back into it. Went to AT for the first time in a few years and the store is still great! We were worried it would have become run down, but that was not the case. Still our favorite shop in the Phoenix area!

Thanks AT... Please keep up the great shop!

Comment

• Just went here and wasn't that impressed, but I guess I have been spoiled in SoCal with good LFSs. The plants all had algae on them and even their display tanks at the front were covered in algae. It's nice that they have ADA products, but their prices are high. Maybe if I am in a bind and need something fast, but I just went ahead and put an order in at AFA and still came out $15-$20 cheaper shipped. I did like that they carry shrimp food and supplements :) I'll probably go back for seiryu stones or driftwood.

Comment

• I cashed in my January raffle gift certificate there after the meeting at George's new place.

Yes, most plants had GHA. I snagged some red plants that they mislabeled and didn't have GHA and a 3L of African Amazonia. One whole pot for $13 that got divided and chopped into 4 pots. Nothing exceptional that I wouldnt find at the meeting except the Polygonum.
              Hope I don't need to return there. The staff is either lazy or don't care. Hard to part with your money when the staff won't greet you.

Plants are happy to be outta there.
              Cheers!

-PhilipS

Comment

• I was recently there as well and the store doesn't look good at all. Algae in most tanks and minimal fish selection. They don't carry many fish but this was the lowest I'd seen there stock. I kinda got the feeling that business is going all that great.

Comment

• maybe i am spoiled but i think they think the ada helps them and a clean happy store is not key. i walked around for 2o mins never got ask if i need help. over heard them say that flag fish are great peaceful tank mates and saw some nasty algee plants. alot of the stuff was very high priced. Maybe i am spoiled in tucson with ana but it is like a different fish shop entirly, spotless , prices are a bit higher than big box store. But not omg prices like i saw at aqua touch over 5 bucks for an almono ana is 3.99 or so

Comment

• They have freshwater plants, they specialize in saltwater fish. That is the difference. When Philip was there he definitely helped the freshwater side of things. I think most of the staff there is more saltwater specialized. I go there off and on and they do attempt to greet you and sometimes you cannot get 5 feet without someone asking to help you and other times you can go 20 minutes. But they are an okay store that I occasionally buy fish from and some plants if I cannot find them elsewhere.

Comment

• Customer service has always been good. The store just seems to be declining

Comment

• Been going to Aquatouch for less than a year and never bought any fish, only plants and hardspace. But a few days ago, I finally bought some from them, 6 celestial pearl danio. Less than 48 hours they had all die but one. I have never experience this with any fish I had bought in the past. Not sure if I should get more for the lonely CPD.

Comment

• What did they say when you brought back the dead fish?
                          Cheers!

-PhilipS

Comment

• Originally posted by Webskipper View Post
                            What did they say when you brought back the dead fish?
                            I have not went back to aquatouch, still upset about the dead fish. Not sure if they will exchange them or return my money back.

Comment

Working...
                            X