hyacinthus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hyacinthus

Is there a problem with keeping this in my pond? I.know its technically prohibited but i have it "quarantined" in my pond. Granted i have to harvest it ever week but i think they grow crazy fast and look amazing when they bloom

Last edited by man_d0wn; May 17th, 2013, 06:37 PM.

Re: hyacinthus

I would assume thats a completely different plant from hyacinth that can be grown inside?

Comment

Originally posted by GEMINI22 View Post
      I would assume thats a completely different plant from hyacinth that can be grown inside?
      Im sure it could grow in a tank

Comment

does that plant receive full sun?

Comment

Yes.but i have heard.a couple people use the smaller new.growth ones in Aquarium with t5ho lighting and they will stay smaller

Comment

Can u told me something about this plant ?
            Mahir

Comment

The Water Hyacinthus is a prohibited, regulated, and restricted plant in Arizona per the Arizona Department of Agriculture. (See blm.gov link below). They can grow like crazy and can choke off waterways and are a problem in some parts of Arizona. So they should be kept away from any natural water bodies to prevent further problems. They do have very beautiful flowers, but do not handle the cold very well and can freeze to death easily if it drops below freezing. they are very good at cleaning up water of nutrients and even some heavy metals and other contaminants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eichhornia_crassipes
              http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial...dat/AppdxE.pdf

Comment

Dwarf Water Lettuce (tropica.com 128) is a floater that will bloom tiny white (with pink) flowers.
                Cheers!

-PhilipS

Mr3, Mr12, Mr13, 60P

Comment

Working...
                X